Monday, June 25, 2012

Galaxy Nexus - Commercial Critique

Galaxy Nexus

The first thing I noticed was that the music is fun and immediately sets the tone. Also, the use of the kid implies the fun nature of the advertisement as well, and who doesn't love a cute kid? He is holding the phone making funny faces, trying to make himself have a mustache and then you read the error of 'Sorry, I don't recognize you.' It was then that I realized the kid was trying to unlock the phone but I did not know where is was going until the father started walking down the stairs. It was absolutely adorable in the way the boy handed his father the phone and waiting to see what happens really kept my attention. The father then scans and smiles into the phone as the boy was trying to do earlier, but this time it worked because of face recognition. I seriously laughed out loud and that is why I loved the commercial. It was short, to the point, simple, clever, and very amusing. They showed the product throughout the entire commercial and at the very end followed up with the Google Face recognition to drive the point to the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment