Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Advertising in Cannes

Today we did our own walking tour of Cannes to observe some of their advertising. There were a lot of billboards, videos, and print advertisements but none of them are super in your face like in America. All the ads seemed more classy and blended well with the environment.


The first advertisement I noticed was a hanging sign between two buildings. I like that it can moved around and isn't always there. With billboards in the United States they are all stationary and I end up not even noticing them anymore because they are always in the same place. The colors were very subtle and matched the environment it was in. 


I really liked the turning advertisements because of the vessel it was it was in. It looked like the architecture around the area and again blended in very well. It also captured my attention because it was moving. 


Some print ads were bright but I didn't see that many of them in the area.


I thought how they advertised their sodas by hanging them from their tops was very clever and eye catching. 


And of course, you have to advertise the stripe suit in both options! Ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment